Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what to do

Ok so a little back story first. My husband basically tricked me into getting preggers he would poke wholes in the condoms. I just found out last year. Well we ahve been fighting a lot lately and He called me worthless and lazy (im not lazy our house is clean) Then Monday he said that Knocking me up was the biggest mistake of his life and how he wishes I would just leave him.
He knows that if we split he will get the kids because His family will make me look un fit and My family is full of problem people so I would have no one on my side and I dont want to put my kids threw that. Then tonight we were talking and I said that he will only have to stay married to me until our son is 16ish. He is 20 months now.
Any advice Oh no we cant seek help because he and his family dont approve of seeing counceling *spelling sorry this doesnt have spell check and it s late.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • if you can trick him into going to councling. he tricked you into getting pregnant...

    Answer by jmetz4 at 3:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • divorce... if your a good mother than they cant prove you are a bad mother... its that simple.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Sounds like your husband and his family have you convinced that you're stuck. I'd do a search for a abused woman's shelter- it doesn't mean you have to stay there, but you can ask them for help and suggestions. Many women get pushed into thinking they are stuck and have no choice.
    You do have choices- I just think that you need to get some space between yourself and your husband and in-laws. Do what you can to get help and counseling- go without him if he won't go.
    I hope it works out for you -

    Answer by LadyAronna at 12:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • You need help and fast. Just because you're family has some issues does not mean you are not a good mother. Do not allow anyone to make you think this is true. Despite what his family may think, you deserve to be deserve to be treated with respect and if he cannot offer you the common courtesy of these factors, then its time that you get rid of the dead weight in your life. Go to a battered womens shelter. In the shelter, they will tell you your rights and will help you get on your feet. You need help and fast.

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.