Does anyone have a Playtex Petite Double Electric Breast Pump? I am losing suction somewhere and wanted to know how to best troubleshoot..Thanks!!

I lost suction before and found out that the plastic connector piece (from the motor to the tubing) was cracked and I replaced it. This time I think its somewhere in the actual suction cups, but I'm not sure where and really don't know how to find it..any ideas? I appreciate your time!

1stymomee

Asked by 1stymomee at 2:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used the same pump and i had the same problem..that little piece broke on mine too and the suction on the cups was wierd...just make sure the the plastic piece of the cup and the rubber piece is pushed together all the way..sometimes i thought it was and i didnt have any suction but then my hubby looked at it and they wernt together all the way..and make sure the tubing is on all the way...oh and if there is the slightest lil air pocket between your breast and the cup, it wont suction anything..i did that all the time, i had to hold it really tight to my breast...if it still dont work right call the number that is in the booklet or on one of the cards that come in the box and tell them it dosnt work and get your money back.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 6:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Its because that pump SUCKS, hate to say it but unless you get a quality pump its gonna keep happening...if you can't buy one rent one or go to WIC and see if they will loan or give you one, I borrowed a pump for 9 months from WIC.

Medela, Ameda, Lanisoh are good pump brands for double electric ones..kinda pricey but think of it as an investment...playtex, gerber, evenflo all are rotten
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009