She's here!! What's a good gift?

My best friend just had her second baby! She was born at 12:02 this am! She's basically my sister and I'm so happy for her. I was wondering what might be a good gift to give her that isn't crazy expensive..? Any ideas at all? I want to get something for the baby but I want to get something for the mommy too. What would you want?

keb7

Asked by keb7 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get mommy some flowers or a bath set! My mom got me some house shoes ( well I guess because my feet were swollen)lol but they were comfy! I like Alysias answer for the scrapbook! It would befull of memories! Congrats hon babies are such a wonderful blessing!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Get her a really nice scrapbook and some little scrapbook items that she can put together as a little keepsake for baby!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• agree with alysiamoore and for momy get her hair done
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:36 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Buy the baby and outfit and give the mom your time. Go over to her place and help her out for a day or more. Help her do the laundry and cooking. Pamper her a little. That;s what I did for one of my friends and she thought it was great.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 2:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• For mom - take a nice meal over and set the dinning room up nice for her & her hubby and stay in the other end of the house watching the kids to give them a little time alone, go over to her house to volunteer to watch the kids while she naps, a pedicure and manicure or a certificate for dinner out with her hubby and free babysitting when the baby is a little older.

For baby - buy wooden letters that spell the baby's name and decorate them with paint, scrapbook paper or fabric and attach ribbon to hang on the wall over the crib.
    TabithaK.

Answer by TabithaK. at 3:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• O like the idea of something specifically for the mom....she will get lots of baby gifts, I am sure! The scrap book is a great gift, but not really a gift that pampers the mom.....I am trying to think of what I might have wanted when I first had my baby.....I sure could have used a chance to get my hair done....someone to babysit and an appointment for a haircut!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009