How do I get my kids to clean their rooms they never use money doesn't work anymore?

jenny810106

Asked by jenny810106 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well if they wont clean it you go in there and take everything out besides their beds! I have done it and it worked for my kids but I did have to do it maby twice. I dont give my kids allowance for cleaning their rooms and doing chores I tell them this is our house and we should all keep it clean together. If they dont do their part there is consequences like I take their phone, mp3 players, TVs, stereo, ipods, or anything that means the world to them for few days and the next time they do it its double the time I took it away the last time! This works really well for our family and we give them money from time to time but we tell them its for being a great kid. Good luck just make a chore chart and keep track of what they do and explain that mom is not super mom and they live their to and they need to do their part.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My kids are teenagers so I don't know if this will help - each of them have to straighten their room each night before bed along with either the kitchen and dinning room or the living room and their bathroom then a deep cleaning once a week. By keeping it straight daily the deep cleaning is much easier. They cannot go out with friends or have friends over if chores are not done. This works reasonably well - but don't give in with whatever you try - I think that is the key. Good luck!
    TabithaK.

Answer by TabithaK. at 2:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• What happens if they don't do it? It better be unpleasant. Losing tv time, computer time, whatever is a motivator.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I give a time limit then I go through with a trash bag
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009