faliure student..

im 27.. i hve done beauty school... community college,, massage school.. iHAVE not completed any of them..im in alot of school debt! i wanted to be a to be a teacher for little while,.. i feel and know tht im a worth less cause when it comes to school...at this point im a sahm.i knw im a good caring mom. however i know if anything happened to the dh i would be really screwed.... so im depressed!!!! but im not even 30 yet seriously should i give up.. bc the past is knwn to repeat it self.. not sure what i would want to pursue anywys.. but im attention deficeit.. and i have daily high aniexty.. so when i would be in class.. i would panic and then just leave.. or in beauty school i sucked at the cuts and perms so then i would get emotional and hide in the bathroom. a normal perm took a student mybe two hours.. me all day.. mybe im slow or stupid or something.. school is nt cheap by any means.. should i give up... i dont know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• try taking classes online in the comfort of your own home. Unless of course, it has to be hands on. The key is finding your nitch and really thinking through what you want to do. Then, you have to stick it out. Does not mean you are stupid at all. It just means that just because you wanted to do it, it wasn't right for you.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 3:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• First and foremost - DON'T GIVE UP - BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!! Secondly, coming from someone who did not finish school until I was 32 - it is not too late! Third, you need to look towards the things you love and enjoy doing - that is where you will be most successful - not all jobs require degrees (not saying school is not important) but work with what you enjoy. Fourth, as a special education teacher who deals with ADD / ADHD students and students with anxiety issues - there are ways to be successful in school. Most institutions of higher learning have departments that will help find accommodations for students who have issues you mentioned. Finally, be strong for yourself and your children. You mentioned both being a caring mom and wanting to be a teacher have you looked into day care or pre-school teaching or teacher's assistant???? This could be a starting place.....
    TabithaK.

Answer by TabithaK. at 3:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You are not a failure. First of all, find something that you are interested in. Do you like law, medical things, etc? Find something that interests you and then explore career opportunities in those fields. Also start out with a little bit at a time. If you are going to take nursing for example, don't take a full course load. Start out with 1 or 2 classes at max and then finish them and then take more.

Maybe you are just not ready to go back to school yet. It doesn't mean you are a failure at all. You haven't found the right "niche" yet.

Best of luck to you. don't let it get you down.
    pamkay414

Answer by pamkay414 at 3:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Don't ever give up on yourself, find something you like to do and work at it good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am still like this. I am frickin' 40 now and now it's like whatever, forget it. My mom is old and sick and I have dedicated my life to her and of course my son. The thing that sucks is that I never knew I had a knack for working with children. I always just landed jobs and even drove school buses for a few years but, circumstances just led me elsewhere. I do work for the school district but no where near the pay I could have received had I gone to college.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I don't think giving up is a good idea, but I wouldn't rush into anything either! I mean, maybe the problem is that you aren't sure what the heck you actually want to do....What are you good at? What do you enjoy? How can you see yourself working? Do you want a regular full time job with predictable hours or lots of flexiblity? Honestly, maybe some counseling and aptitude tests, along with some serious thought.....before you start another program and see yourself as even more of a failure. Have you thought about trying some medication for the add/anxiety? It sounds like the conditions are really effecting your life.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2009