husband is at a party

so my husband is at a party tonight (my mom, connor and i are at my grandmothers because its closer to the school i'm visiting tomorrow) and he hasnt left yet. he says he is staying there because there is a 17 year old girl who is wasted and 2 of the guys (under 21) said they will ''take care'' of her. i dont know what to tell him to do. he is just keeping an eye on them to make sure they arent dumb enough to try something right there... but at the same time those guys should get in trouble. if he saves their asses now they will just need saving again (he works with these guys so he kind of needs them at work. i know if he leaves and those guys do something horrible then she will have to go through that horrible experience and may not even be able to charge them... i'm torn. what would you do?

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 3:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I remember what it was like partying and being underage, because all my friends were over 21, i was the youngest one there and only minor, but even when i got wasted at those parties, I always stayed where ever i was partying at, but never once did my friends or any ot fhere friends try shit with me. Needing them at work is not an excuse to stay there. I agree that he should go home and make an anon call the the cops. They two guys will probably only end up in jail over night, or till there parents bail them out depending on their age, so it would be that bad. Your hubby shouldn't have to babysit some stupid lil girl, because she got herself wasted and cant take care of herself, if thats the case she shouldn't be partying to begin with.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Um, if your husband gets caught drinking with minors HE will be in a LOT of trouble so he should go home. Not a very bright guy is he?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• He should see if he can contact someone to take the girl home. In all honesty, if the police show up and your husband is there, he may get in trouble for being somewhere where underage consumption is going on. Even though he wants to keep the boys from getting into trouble and you feel that it will only prolong the time until they eventually do something else, it's better than letting a young girl get raped.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 3:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• This is the perfect example of why you don't party with co-workers to the point of them being irresponsible. Tell him to just come home before something happens. JMO and good luck.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• yeah unless he's under 21 he's going to get in trouble. if i were in your shoes i would pick him up (if possible) to save him from trouble!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• the little 17 year old should think before she gets drunk at a party, I would not stand for that bullshit I would tell him to get his ass home and why the hell is he partying with 17 year old girls when his wife is at home, what an asshole that has not respect for you and to call you with an excuse like that I bet you him and that 17 year old girl are going to do it and he just made excuses
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• he and i both knows that if he gets caught there drinking with minors he will get in alot of trouble. but i dont know how to get it through to him. and why is it that over something this simple someone has to insult someone?
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 3:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• anon 337 i'm not at home. thats why i told him he could go if he wanted. you know how parties thrown by new 21 year olds go. every one shows up and most of them are their under age friends. my husband is the old one in the group. when i was 18 and 19 i went to tons of parties like this and drank. luckily my husband was always there to take me home... i'm sending him a message now to ask if he can give her a ride home or find someone (not the guys) to take her home safely
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• LOL, So your husband is playing the chaperone for minors that are wasted? Can you spell L-O-S-E-R? Why are you falling for his lies?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Honestly- My dh would never be at a drinking party with a 17 yo girl anyways. He has more respect for me and for our family. Its not a matter of trust as I do indeed trust him- its just the fact that he is a parent and a husband and a GROWN ASS MAN. He does not need to be living the life drinking with kids! He has one of his own! Why don't he leave and make a "anon" call to the cops and bust the party? If he doesn't want to do that as a means of looking out for the "little girl", then all he is doing is protecting the scum ass guys that are waiting to take advantage of the girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2009