husband is at a party

so my husband is at a party tonight (my mom, connor and i are at my grandmothers because its closer to the school i'm visiting tomorrow) and he hasnt left yet. he says he is staying there because there is a 17 year old girl who is wasted and 2 of the guys (under 21) said they will ''take care'' of her. i dont know what to tell him to do. he is just keeping an eye on them to make sure they arent dumb enough to try something right there... but at the same time those guys should get in trouble. if he saves their asses now they will just need saving again (he works with these guys so he kind of needs them at work. i know if he leaves and those guys do something horrible then she will have to go through that horrible experience and may not even be able to charge them... i'm torn. what would you do?

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 3:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I would take the17 year old to HER house - yes she might get in trouble with her parents but she wouldn't get raped and maybe her and her parents could work out a deal for her to call for a ride if she finds herself in this situation again - as a parent of a 17 year old girl I would thank a responsible person for bringing my daughter home safe.
    TabithaK.

Answer by TabithaK. at 3:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• well if there is underage drinking and you know this girl is going to get raped, then i would call the police to save this girl by reporting the underage drinking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Take the 17 year old home with him and put her to bed in your house. If its that bad of a situation that is your best option aside from calling the cops. He cant stay awake all night and she should be taken out of the bad situation.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I would take that 17 year old home and put her in bed at your house expecially if your not there, what if she wakes up and says your hubby raped her, you can't trust anyone these days, I would just tell him to come home before he gets himself into troubole good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• mistak

I would not take that 17 year old home
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am sorry i should have been more clear when i said her house i meant the house in which she is staying tonight, with lots of witnesses otherwise looovemybabies would be totally right. If you arent going to remove her one way the only other way is to call the cops. It might not be cool but its right.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am torn on this one. None of them should be out at a party drinking. That has put your DH in a tough situation. If I knew who her parents were I would probably contact them and tell them to come and get her. What is a 17 year old girl doing at a party with adults and drinking?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• she is apparently planning on staying there. and how do you convince a 17 year old to let you take her home? its different if a girl was offering her a ride home... this is why i dont like when he goes to parties with co workers. the bar is fine. no one is sleeping there...
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 4:02 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Otherwise I would probably call the police. I wouldn't want to leave her there alone with those guys. You have to get over not being cool sometimes to protect people from themselves.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• If she plans on staying there, just tell him go home or to a near by pay phone and make an anon call to the cops, if hes that worried about her. If he can get her phone maybe he can call her parents to have them pick her up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2009