is there any medication to avoid reoccuring miscarraiges?

i have suffered four miscarriages in the past 10yrs , i never went beyond 8weeks in all my pregnancies. i never used any contraceptives and each time i miscarry it takes me a long time to conceive again, i can go for 2yrs without conceiving again, like right now my last miscarriage was in Dec 2007 and up to now. Pleas if there is someone out there who can help please do I AM NOW DESPERATE!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm so sorry. I've had 4 miscarriages also. It all depends on what is causing the miscarriages. We found out that the reason I was miscarrying was a problems with my antibodies. They were attacking the fetus. I was prescribed meds, monitored closely. I had to take meds to thicken my uterine lining. You need to speak with your OBGYN and let him know your wanting to try to conceive. If he/she doesn't know your history he needs to be completely updated. He will try to find out what is causing the miscarriages. 4 miscarriages is considered habitual, and needs to be looked into. If there is a medical reason, then maybe there is a way to work around it. I have 2 kids now. Good luck to you. You will be in my thoughts.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 4:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i agree w/ jenienr. you need to speak w/ your care provider and discuss what the problem is.
    also, you need to research ways to naturally help a miscarriage from happening. here is 1 website:
    http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/preventingmiscarriage.html
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 3:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i had two back to back mc and my dr told me to start taking baby aspirin as soon as i started trying to conceive. i am now 8 weeks along and also taking progesterone. at 3 weeks they did the blood work every 48 hrs and that is how they were able to determine i needed progesterone. i have spoken to many women who have had multiple mc and baby aspirin helped. good luck
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 7:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2009