What can i do to start dilating? Almost 38 weeks..

My Dr. wants to induce me a week or 2 early due to high blood pressure and an 8lb baby, but he cant do it until i start to dilate...He checked me monday and said im thinning but not dilated yet..I go back Sat morning and i am wondering what i can do until then to make sure i am dilated even a little for him to induce! Please help if you have any tips, Thanks!

EDD sept 5th..37wks 4 days preggo with first baby ...Its a boy! :)

erica31089

Asked by erica31089 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have a 9lbs 5oz baby and i was induced twice!!!! the doctor told me to walk everywhere!!! do lunges, get in a hot tub, have lots of SEX!!! my boyfriend was so happy!!! and dont pull out, the sperm help to thin it out and dilate. she also told me to go dancing... climb up and down stairs....
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 8:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2008

• I ahve heard the lots of sex as there is pitocin in seman (not the sperm itself) But I would not let them dialate me. Babies come on there own. Doctors act like birth is a procedure. Birth is natural. You can go over 45 weeks and still have a natural healthy pregnancy. There is alot more to a healthy baby than weight. I know, I am the mothe rof a preemie. I would've geven anyting to carry my daughter full term. I understand that you are anxious to meet your new baby and also sick of being pregnant, but hang in there...and have sex! I wouldn't let them do anything to me besides let me have sex. high BP shouldn't be that much of a problem is it is monitered and there are tons of home remedies for high BP in pregnancy. Best of luck!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2008

• Semen contains oxytocin which causes the cervix to 'ripen' and prepare to open and could cause contractions. Pitcoin is actually the synthetic form of oxyctocin thats used to induce labor in the hospital. A pregnancy should not go past 42 weeks due to an old placenta and the fact that meconium could happen. With that said, some things you can do is, of course of have sex. I've heard that taking it orally is extremely affective in bringing on contractions. Alot of people dont like that so vaginally works good too. You can also squat to bring the baby down. Hope this helps!
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 9:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2008

• High Blood pressure during pregnancy is life threatening for you. Plus, your placenta can start to break down and the baby can be in danger too. I'm sure your doctor told you that, but I just wanted to clarify since someone is trying to tell you it's not a problem. Wish I knew how to get you to dilate...sorry!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2008

• I was wondering with that one persons answer is it orally for the woman that helps or for the man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• giving a man oral sex is not going to help your body get ready for labor, silly!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 3:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• Actually, yeah it does. Look it up. And for the anonymous person, its giving oral to a man and swallowing what comes out.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 9:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2008