Have you ever called someone by the wrong name?

Like ALL of the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think everyone does it at one time or another. My grandma called me everyone of my cousins names before she gets to mine. And she has done that for as long as I can remember! I did have a situation where the mom of a little boy I was babysitting was calling me Jessica and my name is Rebecca.............not very similar. So next time I had to call her for something and her voice mail picked up I said "Hello, this is REBECCA the babysitter, I just wanted to........." She picked right up on that and has never called me the wrong name again. It was kinda funny!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yes! I keep mixing up my son's names
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yes. My son is 14 years old and I still call him by my brothers name, they have the same middle name and when I get pist I say my brothers full name instead of my sons. WTF?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• yes... i never can remember names! it's really sad when my dd does something my hubby would do (like throwing anything out of frustration) and i yell his name! she looks at me weird.... otherwise, I avoid names now!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am friends with a gay couple and for years my friend Frank was with Andrew but then he ended up with a guy named like him, Frank! Now when we kick back in the pool I call his husband Andrew by mistake at least 2 times out of the 10 times I call him. So embarrssing! My other friend Frank just gives me this look like... GASP! Oh no you didn't girl!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 5:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I knew a girl names Alissa.. through out high school I called her Olivia.. Now oddly enough a few years later ( i havent talked to her since High school) she has a daughter named Olivia. lol
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My mom used to call me by my brother's name (because she was always yelling at him for picking on me and on the occasion where I'd pick on him and he'd tattle-tale she'd automatically call me his name since he was normally the suspect) but now she sometimes calls me by her DH's name or she'll call me "honey" which is her DH's nickname on accident. She calls my son, Adrian, Aidan because I have a cousin named Aidan and she gets them mixed up. It's quite annoying...
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 6:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2009