• In the Spotlight:

Why does everyone assume God is a male and not a female?

Why couldn't God made Adam as a joke? And then realized that a woman needed to be made to keep the joke alive?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 5:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 'So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.' (Genesis 1:27)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• LOL Well, I'm Pagan, so I believe in a God and Goddess. Besides, when you assume.....lol
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Because Jesus was God's son and Jesus referred to God as his FATHER. I would hope he of all people would know. :0)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I believe it has more to do with the fact that in most religions they believe man is head of house and in charge. So they believe god is a man. Because Jesus was God's son and Jesus referred to God as his FATHER. I would hope he of all people would know. :0) Actually in psychology father could be both mother or father. If a child has only a mother than she would be perceived as father to one being protected as for a father is associated to be the protector. So there for it could be metaphorical where as god would what to protect the only begotten son. 'So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.' (Genesis 1:27) Both woman and men or called mankind, So man could be a mere generalization. You are also basing this off the belief in the bible. I'm not saying it is wrong, but what if it was just a bunch of schizos

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2009