Is anyone elses house haunted? not really fun however.... don't know where to put this!

I have been hearing footsteps coming up and down my stairs for the past hour! it's freaking me out! yes, I searched the house, but nobody here!!! I always forget to leave that basement door shut! guess that guy came out and is wandering the house but now i'm too terrified to go back down and shut that door!!
Anyone else been in a sit like this???? or understand?

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 5:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My sister used to see people. She said a little boy would cry at the end of her bed, and a girl would be out side her window knocking. my sister would scream and cry because she was so scared. She was 18 when this happened. So I asked her to sleep in the living room with me to make her feel better. It was away from her room. So we went out there and I woke up to her screaming saying there was an old woman behind the couch whispering to her. It scared the hell out of me just thinking about it. My poor sister couldn't seem to get away from these ghosts, or whatever they were. But when we sat and tried to figure out who it could be we remembered several years ago her best friend dies and her brother too, we figured he was lonely and she missed my sister. The old lady my other sister said she remembered her friends nana died and she thinks was taking care of them
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yes, I can understand where you are coming from. My grandfather died in my home, it was his home at the time. There are times when I KNOW he is here, but I don't mind being that I know it is him. If there is something in your house and it isn't harming you then don't worry. Have you lost someone?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've never personally experienced anything.. Well except seeing people.. then they are gone.. Like in my hallway.. then.. GONE. Scary! We don't live there anymore tho. lol.

Anyways my MIL says her house is haunted and a woman pushed her down the stairs once. The house is over 100 years old, and a woman did die in there. spooky.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Older homes have history and many times there has been a death in them.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've never lost anyone close to me... but in my first apt the guy upstairs died and I started having hauntings around there.... then here! It's a military house and we know the guy lives in the basement! If I don't shut the door he comes out and bangs the cupboards around, or will come up the stairs and peek over the banister!!! Sometimes when I rock my dd to sleep he walks up to her door (which is always shut) and stops. He has never been in there from what I can tell. I have woken up once to a dark shadow watching me, that was FREAKY! DH always holds me when I'm scared but he isn't here now and when I tell him on the phone he's like "he won't hurt you" but i'm still scared of it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Sounds like he is protecting your daughter. Or maybe he thinks your cute :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• The house I live in is only 8 years old. I live with my mom, my son, and my step dad. My step-dad and his late wife and her son who is now 33 were the first and only people to live in this house other than my mom, DS and I. Well his wife died in the living room last year and she used to work with MERCA babies (I think that's how it's spelt, not sure though). My step-dad told me that she was the one who spent their final days with them and help the babies as they died. She'd always come home crying and it was always just so sad. But she loved babies and that's why she did it. She wanted to make sure that their final days were happy ones. And now, very oddly, my DS will sometimes stare off into space so-to-speak and randomly start smiling and cooing and shreiking. He does it downstairs but also in my room, which was formerly a guest room. It's kinda weird, but I can tell she's here. It does freak me out sometimes though.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 6:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• LOL worst part: I constanly run around the house naked.... and our washer/dryer is in the basement so I run down there naked all the time! He's prob like "who is THIS woman?" LOL
    Hubby says he is protecting us, not harming us and is actually friendly... he does come in and sit on the couch and such but it's still scary by myself! Like I'll hear it, then i'll get that cold feeling... I turned the lights on and put some clothes on, no more sounds lately!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have always heard that young children are more able to see things that adults can not. Once we get old enough to understand things we are more apt not to believe that we do see things.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• YA! my dd will look down the hall and wave sometimes, or other times FREAK OUT and start screaming! Like there are TWO different people here..... idk! I wish I could see and figure it out! we only have a year left here...

I believe we do see them and when parents ask over and over "what, nothing is there" we loose our sight..... IMO however
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2009