Why are just about all music videos simply soft porn?

I used to like to watch a bit of music videos while kicking back and relazing. But now all they are is soft porn. Am I the only one that thinks this?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 7:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sex sells, well I was going to add about younger people that the videos are aimed toward being in a high state of hormones anyway, but I think that Sex sells says it all.

Answer by Bmat at 7:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• h-No....i have thought this for years now...only now its not just rap its crossing over...but yea im tired of watching tv and seeing womens half dressed bodies shakin it.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• lol.. Where do you watch videos? Everytime I turn on Mtv to watch a few, I get the likes of Real World or some other reality crap for kids to watch when they should be OUT in THE REAL WORLD themselves... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think a lot of 'em are like that. Hell, even country music is getting to that point! Most of the videos I watch, aren't,though. But I listen to weird music. Only exception is probably Lady GaGa, because I'm gaga over her lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• They still make videos?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It's not just music videos but it's in sit-coms, commercials and cartoons!! I'm tired of being constantly bombarded with someone's fantasy turned tv show/ ad/ music video.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh I am soooooo sick of it and that is why I only watch metal videos. It is VERY rare to see anything like that in those videos. Maybe an avenged sevenfold one but they aren't metal and I only watch those because I love the guitarist. Other than that it is all metal.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• sadly, cause thats what sells. somebody somewhere is making it the "cool" thing so all the dumb kids & young adults (my generation) drone on that its "cool". no body thinks for themselves...not that they did much before haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• The mostly non-mainstream music I listen to rarely has anything like that in their videos. But yes, much of the music that is popular and played on radio stations has videos that seem to get more vulgar every year. Yuck.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009