does your SO wake up on their own or do you have to kick them out of bed?

why is it that every relationship I get into I have to be responsible for making my SO get up, ready and out the door on time? my fiane has the alarm clock on his side of the bed, but still I have to push him out of bed to make him actually get up. our morning 3:55am my phone goes off - I give him a 5 min warning 4:00am his alarm goes off and he shuts it off from then on I kind of go in and out of sleep nudging him every few minutes and mumbling something about getting up for work. 4:20am I sit up (dont ask how cause I don't have an alarm set I just sit up and grab my phone in a panick cause I fall back asleep and wake up thinking its later) so I shake him violently to get his attention then say you have 10 min til you need to be out the door... get up. why can't a guy get up on their own? on days I need to get up I just do... its not that hard!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Hmmm must be something in the DNA-- my 10yr old son is that way- lol. As for my hubs- he gets himself up and off to work. He sets his alarm and 99% of the time gets up at alarm, there have been a few days where he either forgot to set it or he fell back aleep- but did wake up shortly.
    One thing both my hubs and I do is we set our clocks fast-- that way it looks like later than it actually is. Sometimes I will see hubs alarm clock and really panic in the morning till I remember his is like 1/2hr fast!
    Maybe you need to set his fast- then he wil think he is 'sleeping in' but in reality rolling out of bed at the correct time.
    good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It must be DNA mine never gets up on his own. Its crazy say our son has a Dr. appointment he never gets up until the last minute. This drives me crazy !!!! I guess not everyone gets up easily. But if he going somewhere by his choice then he's up no problem.
    vstanley69

Answer by vstanley69 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It must just be the guys you pick. My hubby gets up every morning with no alarm clock and is at work by seven a.m. if not earlier. He's been doing this consistently for 44 1/2 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• my dh is the same way, he says to set the clock for 4:30, i do & i get up and fix his lunch for work, but he never rolls out of bed until 5 or after & i'm like wtf, i want sleep too lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Stop enabling him. Give him an ultimatum. Place the responsibility in his lap and leave it there. After he's late a few times, he'll learn. (And you can always set the alarm clock across the room so he has to GET UP to turn it off.)
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 8:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My boyfriends boss call my cell phone to make sure he's up, lol.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 8:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• To be honest, Why should he when you are there to do it? Leave him in bed if he doesn't get up. He's an adult, not your child.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My dh gets up on his own and lets me sleep on the mornings until or unless the kids are up. Not because he's incapable of taking care of them, but he needs me to watch them so he can shower, shave, etc. And if the kids wake up early (like this morning) he gets them and takes them downstairs so I can get a few mins more of sleep - he's a light sleeper and would be up anyway.
    My ex I occasionally had to do this, because he was irresponsible. My dh knows that our household depends on his job and he takes his reponsiblilities seriously. Particularly in this economy when it would be so hard to get another job in his field!

Answer by missanc at 9:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• haha, i know the feeling. Almost EVERY morning his alarm goes off and I have to get up and turn it off, then kick him out of bed! He can sleep through a train so even if I put them across the room or set ten alarms he will sleep right through them. Kills me. Like it happened this morning and I was not happy because he fell asleep on the couch last night and his phone alarm was going off and I had to run downstairs and turn it off praying it wouldn't wake up the baby!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Totally wakes up on his own and has been an early riser since the day I met him..usually around 6 am...
    jessemo6

Answer by jessemo6 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009