Do You Use "Green Bags" for Produce?

What do you think of them? Are they worth the price? Would you purchase them again?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 7:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• consumer reports gave them a thumbs down rating about 6 months ago, and stated that with some produce it encouraged rotting. go figure.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• if your talking about those plastic green bags, i can say it kind of helps bananas, but not much so i would say that it isn't really worth buying...i thought you were talking about the "green" grocery bags that they are trying to replace for the plastic bags....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• waste of money
    I stick to vacuum sealing and freezing if I have too much. And for the bananas, put them in the fridge. The outside turns brown but the inside stays normal and lasts longer, up to a week.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have two only because my stepmom bought them and she seems to love them so she gave me a couple. I haven't really noticed a difference. She had bananas in hers and I don't really buy bananas all that often.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've tried them and they just don't seem to make anything last longer for me. I think they are a waste of money too NotPanicking...every penny counts!
    KBero

Answer by KBero at 4:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have tried them, with mixed results. They didn't keep the bananas fresher at ALL, but they keep peppers fresh for a really, really long time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009