Is this what it is like with two kids?

I am keeping my niece for a couple days and she is almost two and my DD is 3.5. It seems like all I do is get on to my daughter when I keep my niece. Because she isn't being careful around my niece like riding in her power wheels and then she kind of wants to drag her by the arms and my niece throws these tantrums. It drives me crazy. If this is what it is like with two, then I am done!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's not always like that, my son and daughter play rough at times, yes, hit each other when they don't get the toy they want, but they also give each other hugs. Did you do that when you were a kid? One minute nice to sibling, the next mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• don't let your kid be the bully & pick on the other one....2 kids isn't that hard especially if you teach your child how to behave
    Anonymous

• your three year old sounds a bit spoiled
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• No it's not always like that, mine will fight then 5 minutes later they will be off playing a game.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• In my house that kind of behavior is normal. I have 3 boys, 6.5, 4 and 2. They are constantly playing rough, but the next minute they will be hugging and giving each other kisses. The oldest 2 fight all day long, but at night they refuse to sleep in seperate beds. I say let the girls play a little rough just watch to make sure no one gets hurt.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 10:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It's normal in a way but it's different when they are both your own kids and with each other all the time. When it's someone visiting then routines are thrown out of whack and kids get goofy.
    I have 4 kids. Right now 1 is reading a book (she's 9), one is watching TV (he's 7 1/2). And the younger two are playing with the dollhouse in the bedroom across the hall from me. They are 6 1/2 and 3 and get along great. There is no fighting.
    But yesterday I went into the basement to use the bathroom and the whole time I was in there all I heard was my 3yo running through the house screaming because her 9yo sister wouldn't leave her alone. I was ready to strangle all of them by noon.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2009