If i dont have health insurance, where can i have my Mirena taken out?

I currently do not have health insurance and we dont qualify for state insurance. So i was wondering where i could go to have my Mirena taken out? I know i probably cant go to the ER because it isnt an emergency. Have any of you had to deal with this? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Might i add, i want it removed because it is causing me severe nausea, headache's fatigue. I want to use something else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have mirena and want mine out too but don't have insurance. Someone told me I could go to the health department and they will do it for real cheap. Haven't done it yet 'cause I'm scared that when I do get it out I'll get pregnant and can't afford anothe rbaby. So maybe you could try and call your local health department?
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• yes health dept

Answer by admckenzie at 8:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh, Thank you so much ladies..........I will call our health dept.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Hey, I have to have mine removed for similar things. I've had very severe side effects and also do not have insurance. Actually, you could go to the ER, but they would charge you an arm and a leg (and possibly a vital organ, your soul, and first born). Definitely check with the health department. That's where I'm having mine removed on Monday. If they won't remove it (some won't), try Planned Parenthood. If they won't do it, keep calling around places and ask different offices how much it will be to have it removed, if you can set up a payment plan, and how much you have to have up front if you can set up a payment plan. I have a journal or two on my page about the Mirena, warning people about it, if you won't to check that out and see how many side effects it's caused you that you may not have noticed so you can warn others about it. That thing seriously needs to be taken off the market.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Mrs.Bat, I respectfully disagree I know many who have Mirena and have never had any issues with it. I had it for three years and absolutely LOVED it. I never felt it and it never bothered me (except the first couple of months and that was just my body getting use to it). Just because some people have issues with something doesn't mean everybody does. Like I said I know more people who are happy with it then people who are not.
    Mine slid out on it's own. I have heard that is common after a few years.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I never said that EVERYONE had problems with it. Check out my journal. There are links to pages about it. There's one site devoted to side effect reports or something with over 3,000 responses on it. Or at least last time I checked.

I just think that they need to take it off the market, offer the copper instead, while they work out the issues with the Mirena. I've talked to people who have almost died from side effects with it.

All birth control can cause severe side effects, and I've experienced side effects from birth control before, but I've almost gone to the ER about 100 times since I got mine in December.

It's just not right for everyone and I really think that manufacturers need to be more careful with what the put into something that stays inside a person's body.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It's really great that you didn't have any problems with it. I know of one person that hasn't had problems out of about 50 people that have it, myself included. There are so many unsafe things out there and the things that I've read about the Mirena that surfaced after I got mine make me sick sometimes. This was supposed to be something great, and it's turned into a daily living nightmare for me and many others. Some women's bodies have never recovered from having the Mirena because of the side effects it caused. I think it's horrible that so many women are having such severe problems from it and I think it's something that needs to be brought to everyone's attention before they decide to get it, so they know what to watch out for in case they develop side effects that their doctor neglects to inform them of.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I didn't say that you said that EVERYONE has issues. Where I disagreed with you was on removing it from the market, nothing more nothing less. You value your opinion as I value mine, I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying that I disagree.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009