What has your child said at inappropriate times?

My son and I went to visit my SIL who works L&D at the hospital I'm going to deliver at. We had stopped in for a quick visit and to show her the newest ultrasound photos of her new (possibly) niece.

My son loves elevators and asking him to take the stairs is a no so we wait our turn to get on. As my son and I were riding the elevator back down to the lobby, we said hi to the elderly man also riding with us. We get to the first floor and my son (age 8) grabs himself, grins up at me and says "Mom, that was so cool. That made my pee-pee gun sizzle." I wanted to die. I am apologizing so fast to the elderly man who heard it as well. He is dying laughing and tells me "It's quite alright. I needed to laugh today." I was mortified.

I realize kids say cute things at the oddest times. What has your child said that made you want to crawl under a rock and hide?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• my kids have never said anything interesting like that. but one time while at a christmas party for the place where my husband and mom work (a dentention home for teen boys). the room was very quiet and a shift supervisor was giving a speech, my son, who was 3, belched really really loud. i think it echoed off the walls. everyone turned and stared, then busted up laughing, well everyone but the supervisor who was speaking. I know i turned beet red and wantd to die! my mom and husband have been rolling about it ever since.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• that made me laugh too

years ago, step daughter from ex was 6-7
    there was an elderly lady sitting next to us
    and she says to the lady "you have a lot of wrinkles"
    the lady responds "yes, I do, I am very old"
    and she says "that means you are going to die soon"

I was the one that felt like dying
    the lady was very gracious, smiled and agreed with my step daughter
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• same step daughter age 10
    at a wedding
    grabbed a womans "hair" which was a wig and tried to pull it off her head
    not funny at all
    it was her aunt who had quick reflexes and the wig stayed up top

yes she was 10, but has mental illness
    so it was not mean on her part, she just does not get things
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I notice how kids minds are simple and how we as adults tend to complicate things by thinking too much.

We grew up in a very small country town and my Dad had taken my son (age 4-5 at the time) to have "coffee". On summer weekends you could see older gentleman come in to the cafe that were up fiirst thing in the morning, getting something to eat before leaving to tend to cattle, horses and/or mending fences. There was an older black gentleman that was with them and my son does not see boundaries in color for people. He sees someone as being peach (white), tan (hispanic) or brown (black). He asked my Dad if the brown man drank alot of coffee. The man overheard my son's comment and he told my son "Yes sir, I love coffee, it gives your skin color." The man winked at my Dad and my son must have remembered that coffee makes you change colors from then on.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son is four and for a whole week he said that he wanted to be a pastor when he grew up just like our pastor so I was excited to tell our pastor what he said! So when we went to church again, our pastor was leading our children's church class because his regular teacher was out sick, so I was all excited to tell him, and did so, as I was walking away I overheard my son telling our pastor that he indeed did NOT want to be a pastor because he didn't like the pastor's clothes! I laughed and laughed as I was walked away!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2009