What kind of school?

Do your kids go to public or private schools? Or do you homeschool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in

• I am a teacher and my kids go to a public school.

Each type of schooling you named has its good and bad points. Most of the success of a child depends on the support and love of their parents! If a child knows its important to the parents and are told they are smart and successful, they usually live up to that expectation! ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My daughter goes to a christian school and it is Awesome, but I really think it depends on the district cause i know of good public schools too.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• When my son is school age, he'll be going to public school. We live in a very nice area, and our schools are excellent.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son goes to a Catholic school.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Public. My daughter is in a six year high school program. If she keeps her grades up, she will graduate with at least one year's worth of college credits. The class of 2009 received an average of $28,000 in college scholarships. If we are lucky, we won't need to pay for more than 2 years of college

Answer by rkoloms at 7:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Public. I used to be a teacher. I want to add to another comment about children's success. A good teacher that communicates with the parents also helps contribute to a child's success.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son starts preschool in September he will be going to a private school. I'm undecided whether I will keep him private or send him to public school after this year. Both really have their pros and cons, The high school in our district sucks ass though and the dropout rate is so high so I will probably try to keep him in private school as long as I can afford to.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My daughters in public school. She's been going there since she was 3 for speech therapy so, she's real comfortable and ready!!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• public. I hate the schools here. My daughter in 8th grade was doing work she did in 6th in New Jersey. Sucks going from on of the top ten states to one of the bottom.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Private... for now. We don't like the school district we are in and we hope to move by the time our next child starts school (fall 2010) so that we can send them to public school.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

Next question in
Austin Moms

Next question overall (General Parenting)
Paying a teenage sitter...