How can i help my 2 years old son to sleep every night without waking up crying?

Hi. My little son Ale has just started to wake up during the night crying and with a bad attitude toward his dad and me. He has been sleeping with us since he was a baby. The past 3 weeks and many times during the night he just wake up crying very upset and with a very bad attitude toward us. We have tried everything and he does not seem to feel comfortable. He falls asleep after an hour or so crying and of course in the morning he is so tired to wake up and go to the day care. Can anybody help me? Any advise or similar experience?

isadiaz

Asked by isadiaz at 9:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe this is his way of saying I want my own bed?
    Maybe night terrors? Sometimes they will wake up and not be fully awake so there's no way to solace them?
    My daughter went through something like this at around 2. She was sleeping in her own bed but would wake up around the same time every night and crawl into bed with me crying for a bit then pass back out. I ended up putting up a baby gate and letting her cry it out for about a week just to see if it would help, and it did. Now she sleeps through the night again without the baby gate up.
    Maybe a growth spurt and he's hungry but still too tired to really want to wake up?
    Maybe (I know, I'm stretching here) something you or hubby are doing in your sleep is waking him up, so that's why he's so cranky? Snooring or rolling over on him or stealing the blankets (I know my hubby likes to steal mine!) :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• he probably needs his own bed. my son is 2.5 years old and he still gets up once or so during the night, i go in lay him down and tell him he can come in mommies bed in the morning. So when he gets up around 6 or so then we out him in our bed and he goes back to sleep for longer. we had a really hard time getting him to sleep in his crib when he was a baby, we did the cry it out for a couple of nights and then he was fine. so you might not be able to go in there when he gets up. Or if he is not in a big boy bed yet, he might like that better to be in a big bed.
    peysmom1

Answer by peysmom1 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• well..actually he is sleeping with us because so far he is absolutly against sleeping in his own bed. We have tried several times to get him used to sleep in his room and own bed but Ale cries a lot and believe me for several hours. Sometimes we are afraid he is going to wake up with no voice because of the long time crying.
    isadiaz

Answer by isadiaz at 10:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2009