Any ideas on what's going on with me?

Ok, here's the deal, I love perfume, and I have several different kinds, but lately they all make my nose run and itch! Also, I can't get around an air conditioner for a long time, whether it's in the house or in the car, it just stops me up! I used not to be allergic to cats, but I can NOT touch a cat and touch my face now without sneezing and wheezing. I'm 30 years old, is it possible to develope allergies to things like that this late in life?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• IT IS POSSIBLE TO DEVELOP ALLERGIES AT ANY TIME, YES YOU ARE PROBABLY ALLERGIC!

Answer by older at 9:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yes you can develope or grow out of allergies at anytime. At least with cats I can offer a bit of advice. It's typicaly not the fur we are allergic too, but a hormone in their saliva, they groom themselves and it gets on their fur and that's what we have reactions to. You can get those pet wipes and wipe the kitties down once a month to help, but always wash your hands after you are done petting them.

I'm allergic to cats and dogs, yet I own 4 cats, lol. The only time I ever have a reaction is if I pet them and rub my eyes or something before washing them!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009