Have you ever heard of this???

Have any of you ever heard of a woman getting pregnant even though she did not have periods? Like someone who has pcos or something but got pregnant anyway? I always thought you HAD to have a period in order to ovulate, am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• some people with pcos can get preg with out haveing a period i know of 3 people who did....i dont know all the medicale terms but i know its happened
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I don't know the exact medical reason behind it either but it can happen. I have endometriosis and pcos, and my last cycle was September of last year. I conceived sometime in October/November. The doctors had a hell of a time establishing my due date (3 u/s later lol!). I think you can ovulate and not have a period, bc of hormone or other imbalances, you just don't have the period afterward where the body cleanses itself of the waste. It builds up and causes problems. Not sure of all the details, but it is possible! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You ovulate before you get your period

Answer by rkoloms at 2:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009