what does one get for her dad anymore for his birthday?

Imean I know he likes to read he loves books but he's got so many that mom is telling him over and over to get rid of some of his old books before buying anymore new books. and the same goes for dvd's he has loads and loads of movies.He's a retied Doctor .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Holidays

• Tickets to something he likes or a gift card to his favorite restaurant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Maybe buy him tickets to go do something like a ballgame or show.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• How about theater tickets to a Broadway play/musical?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My dad is super easy to shop for. He likes to hunt and fish so anything to do with that is good for him. My FIL on the other hand is impossible. He has no hobbies other than playing card games on the computer and drinking coffee, which he's cutting back on. So we usually just get him a card for Father's Day and his birthday. Then we get him shirts/ties for work or collector's editions of books for Christmas. His mom always gets the good stuff because she is easy to shop for, too.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• all my dad gets is a phone call. lol. but If I could afford to get him something it would be a gas card or a gift card to a restaurant he likes. My parents are just as tight in money as we are so I would want to give them something fun.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Do you have children? If so give him a coupon for a day at the park with them if he would like some one on one time. How about taking him out for breakfast just you and him? A personalized photo album of you & the kids. A letter written from the heart thanking him for all he has done for you and what you love about him.

Many of the best presents don't cost anything other then a little bit of time.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i give my dad the same thing ive been given him since i was little...tube socks...hehehehe
    Anonymous

• What about a subscription to netflix? My dad drinks the micro brew beers so my mom but him a year of beer.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I have given my dad either paper and/or ink for his computer, or a gift card to Staples. He seemed to like those gifts. I've also given him film or a memory card for his cameras. Anything that he might use that would save him from having to buy it himself. Another idea would be a gift certificate to the place he gets his hair done. I've gotten this for my mom and she was thrilled!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 1:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would get my dad a new crack pipe and a nice hefty rock to break it in.

Just kidding but he would probably love that, damn drug addict. I get him a card and a pack of socks, we aren't very close.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2009