Question about belly button rings

I was wondering if I have a belly button ring and i get pregnant again, do i have to take it out or can u just leave it in there?

jaydensmom1205

Asked by jaydensmom1205 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I've known a few girls to have a belly button ring and they had to take it out when they were pregnant. It stretched.
    Lainee21106

Answer by Lainee21106 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I HAVE 3 KIDS AND LEFT MINE IN ALL 3 PREGNANCYS BUT I CHANGE IT TO A RING ONE WITH MY 3RD CUZ MY BELLY WAS STREACHING SO MUCH!
    QueenMahalia

Answer by QueenMahalia at 12:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I would probably take it out, I'm 32 weeks preggo, and I don't even have a belly button anymore, my belly button looks like a scar (kind-of).
    ShelbyGurley

Answer by ShelbyGurley at 12:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I know people who left theirs in but they switched the ring to a special kind for pregnant women.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Depends on hw your bely stretches. For me, I would have definitely had to take it out. My belly button competely disappeared, but some moms dont have that problem.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• most the time you can leave it in... might have to get a loop instead of a barbell though depending on how big you are getting.
    brandidelair

Answer by brandidelair at 2:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a belly ring and am 5 months pregnant with twins. It's doing good so far. But I may have to take it out when I get further along in the pregnancy. They also have a specific belly ring for pregnant women. You can check it out on-line. Good luck.
    flutterbyz

Answer by flutterbyz at 10:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• either or. they have pregnancy belly button rings, u oculd get one, they are supposed to be more comfortable when u r preggers than a regular bellybutton ring.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you can buy belly button rings to wear just for pregnancy. ask your dr about them, i bet they would know. my dr gave me one
    casey940

Answer by casey940 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Depends on how big with my first child i took it out around 7 months because i had an outtie by that time but im gonna try to leave it in this time
    crissy386

Answer by crissy386 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008