How do you know if something is a mircle?

I've been thinking about this. Say a person is suffering from a deadly disease and receiving treatment and there are people praying for a miracle for this person to get well. Ta Da! They recover- was that a miracle or the result of the treatment? Was it a miracle simply because those people prayed? If so, then the other people who are cured, and had no one praying for them, were not cured by a miracle, it was just the treatment?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think everything is what you make of it.
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 11:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• both are from the treatment..but i dont believe in that kind of miracles.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• we human are not meant to KNOW if things are miracles
    that is why we human can have belief/faith
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• God causes the sun to shine on the just and the unjust. How can you know who has no one praying for them? I pray for all those I come into contact with, even you. Maybe that other person was unaware that there wasanyone praying for them.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• That's true Lexy...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• miracles come in all forms not just those extreme healings. I've seen many smaller yet just as significant miracles. My dd was driving and lost control of the car . Something broke and she couldn't steer then the brakes failed. The car went across the highway in heavy traffic but she didn't get hit then when she got to the other side she was headed toward a telephone pole. She said she knew she was going to die. She was panicked and couldn't move. She said she looked down and her hand went up to turn the car off (something she said she'd never have thought of doing). She said it was like she was watching someone else's hand. The car stopped inches from the pole. I consider that a miracle.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:43 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• But where do you draw the line between a miracle and coincidence?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• maybe coincidence can be part of the miracle

Answer by admckenzie at 9:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• bringing together wounded souls to help each other heal is a miracle to me. I think CM is a miracle. It has brought so many wonderful souls together that otherwise would have never cross paths in life. Not sure where I'd be without wonderful ppl like lexylex and others who have helped me get through extremely hard times. Sometimes many folks want to just give up and when we do it seems like a miracle that these sweet spirits appear (even if just in cyberspace) to hold our hand and help guide us through the fog in our life. Miracles don't have to be turning water to wine. Miracles can be seeing the Jesus in someone else to remind us of the Jesus within ourselves.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am a believer that all things come from God and there are no coincidences. I know that sounds very brain-washed and bible - thumpy of me, LOL. But let me explain . . .

One example is the fact that I was able to quit smoking. I smoked for 15 years - from the time I was 15 until I was 30. I went through my entire first pregnancy smoking. The first miracle is that she was okay - do defects what so ever. I spent the first four months of my second pregnancy smoking. I had tried quitting seventeen times in the past. I used every pill, technique, self-hypnosis, regular hypnosis method available. I spent almost as much TRYING to quit as I did smoking. Then, one day, I just . . . put them down. I threw them away actually. And I never touched them again. I feel with my entire being that that was the hand of God - I know in my heart that I COULD NOT have done that on my own. So, to me, that was a miracle.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2009