• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 6 yr. old daughter has several planters warts on the bottom of her feet. Do you have any advice that you can give me?

I took her to the doctor yesterday. They said to try the overcounter drugs first before going to the foot doctor. A friend of mine has scared the pee out of me. Talking about how hard and painful it is to get rid of them. She is telling me the overcounter drugs don't work. If it seems like they went away they will come back. She said she got one and had to have it cut out and talked about how she could hardly walk for a long time. I'm so scared for my daughter. I don't won't her to have to go through this. Do any of you moms out there have had children with planters warts? What was you experience?

Answer Question

Asked by MWood123 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I had one on the ball of my foot. Talk about hurt.

    Yes, you can fix it. Go get Plantar's Wart Remover from Walmart or Walgreens. They come with cushions that have circle cut outs. Best to do it after a long hot bath so the skin is softer, more pliable. You have a can of spray stuff like nitrogen and you use a circle foam insert to push into the canister, you'll hear it spray onto the foam and then put the foam on the wart. It will sizzle a bit but that lets you know it's working. Put the circle cushion bandaid to go around the wart and it will start to heal. Good luck.

    Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Due the over the counter stuff a couple times a day then during the rest of the time use colloidal silver and tea tree oil.

    Answer by SusieD250 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Honestly I think the over the counter stuff burns just as bad as the stuff the doctors use. I had a couple on the bottom of my foot too and it hurt every time I walked. I had to go in to get rid of them because it was hurting so bad. It does burn, but like a cold burn. It's weird. I had mine taken care of right at my regular doctor's office though.

    Answer by Hannah22 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • You can have the doctor freeze them off, or you can put duct tape over them every night.

    Answer by rkoloms at 2:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Have you ever heard of this???

Next question overall (General Parenting)
gun safety