court question??

I have a court date coming up my daughter dad wants his name on her birth certi. ..
Well i live in germany the court hearing is in south carolina the day of the court hearing i will be 8 months pregnant and not able to travel. My husband was going to go to the court hearing for me since he has a power of auttory. Does anyone know if he could do this? I am trying to have the court date changed but it doesnt look that good.

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't know.. they should understand that its not wise for you to go traveling at this point of time
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 10:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Most arilines won't even let you on a plane that far along. I wouldn't just let him show up there with your POA but the courts should understand. Are you active duty??
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You could contact the court where the hearing is and see if they'll let you phone in your appearance. In your situation(airlines not allowing you on planes) they should. It'll be a heck of a phone bill, but still cheaper than the travel costs.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You should contact the courts and tell them that you are not allowed to fly because of advanced pregnancy and the date needs to be changed to when you can fly in from Germany. You could also get an attorney in the states to act on your behalf. They could also do the hearing by phone, they cannot make you fly when it is unsafe to do so. Not sure what your husband can do, you should be talking to an attorney in the state where court is to take place.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i am trying to find a lawyer now i wont know anything until thursday or next week i am hoping that they can go to the court for me. I want to go ahead and get this done i dont want his name on her birth cert becuase he is threating me saying that if he does get it on there he will take me to jail for bringing her to germany before his name was on it.
    proudmama930

Answer by proudmama930 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2009