Anyone have Kaiser Permanente?

If so, how do you like it? Our health insurance has just gone through the roof, we are with a PPO right now. I need to find something else. I've never been with them before and don't know too much..was trying to get some info.

mom2pres

Asked by mom2pres at 9:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• We are, we have been for years...the kids pediatrician, OB and our Doctors too. The only send you out for specialist. Let me know what questions you have!
    robnyard

Answer by robnyard at 2:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I have never had Kaiser nor do I personally know anyone that has it - however I will tell you from a therapist' perspective (since I am responsible for a lot of billing) the experiences that I have had with my patients that have this insurance are not good ones - think very limited hospital stays, lots of referrals if you need to see a specialist, etc. I know health insurance is expensive, but I truly believe you get what you pay for. Whatever you choose, make sure you read ALL the fine print - the "lingo" can get pretty confusing so please let me know if you have any questions. I am by no means an expert on this but I did have to take a class on health insurance for school and have some experience from dealing with my patients. Good luck!
    ColinsMommy0386

Answer by ColinsMommy0386 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2009