am i just crazy?

So heres the situation, my fiances daughter has this friend and his mother used to have my fiance work on her car and that was fine until she started implying she wanted more than a mechanic. She made several comments to me about this and so i asked him to stop doing things for her and he agreed. Then she decided she was going to be my stepdaughters new best friend so she could still have contact with him. I asked him to not talk to her unless it had something to do with his daughter again he agreed. Then recently I found out hes been texting her nothing flirty or anything but I feel like hes giving her the wrong idea and also every chance she gets she is very rude to me. Hes more worried about offending her than me and I said if shes gonna take it out on your daughter than do you really want her hanging around with someone like that anyway? I dont know what to do should I just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• he needs to nip it in the bud. She's obviously thinking it is going to lead to something more if she persists. he has to be the one to stop things.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• she is playing him
    and he is in the game
    you are not crazy, you see her for what she is, he does not see this
    (sometimes men are dense)
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I hate to tell you this, but it could be that your man is not being honest with you. I have lots of male friends Many times in friend situations I've gotten heck from the wife or girlfriend. They got in their head that their guy didn't have any interest in spending time with me and that since it 'had been made clear to me' why was I 'going after' their man? The truth was that either their man has never even implied that he didn't want to see me, or she had made the claim and he later said it wasn't true.
    Your man may be just fine with her company whatever that is. Personally, I think that most any sane woman is not going to continue trying to spend time with a man that isn't reciprocating. U say he's texting her- sounds like they have a friendship. It may be platonic- but it sounds like it's there. you said she's
    'implying she wanted more than a mechanic.' what exactly did she say? her interest in your stepdaughter cont-
    Anonymous

• may be genuine. I'd have a talk with your man.
    Sorry to have to play the flip side, but I've been there. Dont be so quick to make her the bad guy- talk to your man and see what comes up.
    Anonymous