my daughter's knee is swollen she woke up this way dont know whats wrong please help asap!

my daughter is 4yrs old.she woke up this morning saying her leg hurts.its her knee and its swollen.we dont know why.she didn't fall or anything and it don't look like anything bit her.now she says it dont hurt but it is swollen and puffy maybe she has fluid on it,don't know whats wrong or why.just wondering what you other moms thought and what should i do.my boyfriend is at work but is thinking about coming home to take her to dr. but i feel sorta stupid going to the dr and telling them i dont know whats wrong.pleas any advice!? I'm so worried.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I'd take her to the doctor anyway. I don't think they would expect you to be able to tell them what you thought is wrong. They can probably look at it and either just feel it or xray it to see what is wrong. It could be any number of things, probably nothing serious but I would take her in anyway.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• put an ice pack on it and see what it does. maybe she just laid on it wrong.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i have put ice on it and so far it don't look any different. but i have only had ice on it twice cuz she won't sit all day with it on there.i dont know.
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Take her to the doctor and get her checked out. She could have an infection or fluid on her knee and need it drained. I come from a family with knee problems and if you don't do anything when it's relatively minor you end up with big problems later on. If she is in pain, can't stand, etc she should be at the ER.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Before going to the doctor... give them a call! See what they think about it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2009