How do u deal with your seven year old

My 7 year old is alwats busy . He starts fights mainly with children that are older than he is. He has been put out of 2 schools this year. Totally confused what do I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh gosh, I wish I had some answers for you. Why is he so angry? Have you considered getting him therapy to find out? Maybe that would help. Good luck.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Therapy... that is a lot of behavioral things for so young.
    Anonymous

• You say he was put out of two schools. Did the child study team evaluate him to find out if he has some learning disabilities? Sometimes kids act out to hide what is really bothering them. If he feels inferior to the other students academically that could present a challenge in itself. Has he always had these anger type issues? Anything wrong at home (divorce, new baby, etc.) that makes him feel like he needs to get some attention? Negative attention is better than none at all. I would start with an evaluation - call his doctor, request that the school do their own evaluation as well. Have him checked for ADHD, etc. I would do everything possible now (before those teen hormones kick in). Issues of any kind will be much harder to deal with once they reach that age. I hope you find some answers that help. Good luck!
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 2:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You definitely need professional help

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Homeschool and therapy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2009