How many times can you get a c-section?

I have had two c-sections with both of my little girls. The first time was because of her heart rate going down and i only dilated to two. With my second one it was just a repeat c-section. Is it safe to get a third one???

Essenceelise

Asked by Essenceelise at 10:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They say it can be more and more difficult and risky mainly because of scar tissue, but i know a woman who has had 6 c-sections without any complications from them.

I will be having my second c-section in December.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have had 3 c sections. During my last (May), my doctor told me it would be very risky to have a 4th baby. I formed a good bit of scar tissue. My 3rd c section was do different from my first, everything was fine.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I just had my second c-section 5 weeks ago (18 months after the first one) and the OB said, "I hope you're done having kids. I wouldn't recommend you having anymore." I don't know, maybe he knows something he's not telling me (not same OB as first c-section because I was trying a VBAC). He said he had to cut through scar tissue, so maybe it's that?! I did develop a high fever and infection during the c-section and I was in a trial of labor, my baby pushed on my bladder for so long (I was in early labor for 4 days and severe contractions at that - never heard of anyone going that length of time before, it was crazy and intense!) that it caused me to bleed out of my urethra for 2 days after delivery which then developed into a kidney infection. It was all really rough. My MIL had 4 c-sections and I had 2. So, I guess it depends on the woman and the OB. I feel blessed that I have a girl and a boy. I'm Ok to stop here
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Im going to be having my 3rd one in Jan and as long as the doctor tells you not to have anymore then you are fine and Go ahead with having another one :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I just had my 5th c-section... healthy baby, healthy mommy =)
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I have had 4 and I had no complications with aany off them. I know some woman who had had as many as 6 but after 6, I don't know anyone who has had more than that.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009