Retry for: Why do people feel religions are all different when truly in a sense they are all the same?

This is not ment to piss any one off this is only a study I am try. I have thought about this for a long time. I am very curious to learn more about all religions so please no attacking any one bashing and so forth please just participate and tell me a little about your religion. to those of you who already particpated truly and fairly thank you
I mean think about about it with the exeption of the extremest. We all more or less believe the same thing and in the same god.
What religion are you?
What moral does your religion believe?
What did you god say to you?
How different is your religion from other religions?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Thank you those who partisipated.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• What religion are you? Atheist which technically is a lack of religion

What moral does your religion believe?Basic ones that are common to all humanity, treat others as you want to be treated, etc.

What did you god say to you?No god.

How different is your religion from other religions?We don't believe in a higher being. Our existence is not part of a divine plan, but rather a product of cause and effect. Some may or may not believe in an afterlife of sorts. Personally I do not, nor do I believe in eternal souls.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We all more or less believe the same thing and in the same god. No, we do not.
    What religion are you? http://www.thetroth.org
    What moral does your religion believe? Truth, honor, courage, self-reliance, hospitality, fidelity, industry, discipline,perseverance
    What did you god say to you? They grant wisdom as they learn along side us.
    How different is your religion from other religions? We don't care what religion you practice, consider proselytizing to be a crime against humanity and see forgiveness the same way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• What religion are you? I'm a Christian,but it's not about religion,it's about a relationship with God.

What moral does your religion believe? If you've read the Bible, I don't have to answer that, I live the Bible everyday,and use it as my guide for my life.

What did you god say to you? God speaks to me in every aspect of my life. What He says to me, is that He has given me another day on His beautiful earth, He loves me,and has blessed me with a beautiful family,and loved me enough to send His son to die for me, unworthy though I am.

How different is your religion from other religions? I haven't really studied any other religions, mainly because I just don't care. Once I found the best,I had no need for the rest. I have no desire to study,and pick apart any other religions, like they all seem to have with ours.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Some people like to feel special and superior to others, that's why some feel all religions are different. Yeah, some are drastically different from the "norm", but MOST religions are exactly the same, with the names changed around.

What religion are you? pastafarian anti-theist agnostic atheist.
    What moral does your religion believe? be good for GOODNESS sake, not for GOD'S sake.
    What did you god say to you? i have no time in my life nor space in my intellect for a higher power, sorry.
    How different is your religion from other religions? eh. i'm your average cynical, skeptical atheist. i just don't rule out the possibility of there being a higher power, that's where being agnostic comes in.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We're all on the same path whether we like it or not; it's called "life." We're born, we live, we die. We can usually agree on those things. It's what happens after our journey through life that we all disagree on. I do not believe in calling religions "paths" because it infers that one path will take you one place and another path will take you another, when in reality we all die and we all end up right before God. Those who believe in God will gain entrance into heaven, those who do not believe in God won't (my theory on the inevitability of faith and repentence is whole 'nother animal).

Religions are not "paths to God," life is. Many religions have common themes and similarities. I believe that all good things come from God, including other religions/beliefs, because he is sovereign and in control and uses good of all kinds, in this imperfect world, to bring his will into fruition. (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• That being said, do I believe that al religions, despite their "goodness" are worshipping God, the same god/gods? No, I don't. I am a Christian and God has laid out for us a clearly monotheistic doctrine, repeatedly telling his people over centuries that he is NOT the same as other Gods (i.e. Baal in Book of Hosea) nor is he to be worshipped along side of them. I also theorize that perhaps he doesn't condemn someone for what he did not call them to in this life (again, my inevitability of faith and repentence theory lol).

I believe in the God of the Bible because I was called to believe in him. I had little choice in the matter. I have an internal, unremarkable, inexplanable, undeniable confirmation that he is real and that he loves me. If other gods existed and wanted me to worship them, I suppose they would have called me to themselves and shown me love, grace, peace and mercy as God has.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• That being said.....
    What religion are you? I am of the Christian religion. I have a personal relationship with God that transcends the man-made rules and rituals of religion.

What moral does your religion believe? I believe the Bible establishes common sense in defining all morals (although some interpret it differently and do not come to that conclusion). In short: Loving God, loving others, loving ourselves as God's temple (not the same as love-of-self), humility, honor, community ect.

What did you god say to you? God's law is written on my heart and mind as he promised (Jeremiah 33:31). There aren't enough little CM answer boxes in the world to be able to put it all down. The Bible is a good palce to start in finding out :-)

How different is your religion from other religions? My religion is very similar. More evidence to me that my God is in control. Although I disagree that all are truly serving him.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I read the Tales of the Otori trilogy last summer. It's fiction, but one line in there pertaining to religion really hit home with me. It said that "all is one and one is all" or something like that. And I think that is more true than anyone wants to admit. As far as what religion I am... well I guess you could call me a Christian Witch. And by looking at several pagan paths and by looking at the Christan faith I was raised in, I found that this "all is one" statement to be very true. I truly believe that the Christian God is also many other things to other religions. This god is just called different things by different people. Religion is man made, not made by God. People are the ones who name their god(s) and I think it is just a way for different people of varying beliefs to describe what they feel or see spiritually. Most people will not agree with me on that though.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• What religion are you? Christian, I belong to the Seventh Day Adventist church.

What moral does your religion believe? God and the Bible.

What did you god say to you? Take of my word and learn of me.

How different is your religion from other religions? I believe in God and his promise of eternal life. I read the bible. I do not feel that good works will get me into heaven and do not believe in any earthly afterlife.

rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2009