Anyones child have to have a biopsy?

My 8 month old has a large bump on his head that recently has become larger and broke open a few times. His doctor sent him to a specialist in Cleveland, OH and they still have no idea as to what it might be. They put him on 2 weeks of antibiotics. If the bump hasn't gone away at his follow up appointment, they want to do a biopsy. He's a week into the meds and so far no change, so that's what I'm assuming will have to be done. Has anyone else had a child need a biopsy? Was it painful for them?

dze527

Asked by dze527 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd had one on her jaw, it turned out to be a tumor that had to be removed, but the biopsy itself wasn't that bad, they put her under and did it, the worse part was her waking up, no told me it would be scary to see her so out of it. But afterward she was fine it didn't seem to bother her long. Good luck.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009