So, when does everybody's kids go back to school?

My daughter goes back officially on Aug 31st but since she's starting middle school all the incoming 6th graders start a bridge program that pairs each new student with a 7th grader so that they can help them adjust to the school. It starts on the 27th and they're only half days.

They haven't sent out notices as to when my youngest first day is - she'll be starting all day Pre-K this year. I'm guessing it's at the end of August as well? She can't wait.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in

• my dd - 8 will start 3rd grade the 2nd week of aug. she loves school. my ds - 2 will be very upset that his sissy is going somewhere w/o him... :)
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My kids go back to school next week. July 23 is the first day. They are in year round school so they get 3 breaks a year instead of one big one in the summer. I love it and it will be frustrating when one is in reg school next year because of jr high and the other in yr round still.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 10:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Not soon enough! lol. My oldest starts 1st grade on the 12th. We still haven't gotten a list of what he needs yet. I may have to check the school website or something. My middle son misses the cut off for Kindergarten by a month. Poor kid. He was really excited for school and is more than ready.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My 6th grader is starting a magnet school where she'll have a longer school year that other schools in our area but she gets more breaks too. For instance she gets a week off at the end of Oct. For the winter holidays she'll get 3 weeks off instead of a week and a half. In Feb she'll get 2 weeks and April she's off for the Easter holidays and then 2 weeks off from the 9th-26th. When she returns from that break in April she'll be in school until June 23rd, which is about a week and a half longer than other schools in the area.

She's actually looking forward to this school because she'll have regular classes as well electives like Yoga, Spoken Word and loads of other choices plus all the breaks. Oh and she'll have a 1/2 every Wednesday as well.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• aug 24
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son will start school Sept. 8th.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• my daughter starts september 8th as well...whyyyyyyyyyyy do all you ppls kids go back so soon????? i dont undertsand that..school has always started in september...its never started in august!!! thats just crazzzzzzy
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• September 8. The Chicago Public Schools have the shortest school year in the US

Answer by rkoloms at 7:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• really?
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My daughter starts Pre-k August 14 and she's sooo excited!!!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2009