What is there to see in Boston?

I am going there to visit my dad with my husband and son. Our first family trip. I know that we will definitely be going to the aquarium but im stuck on what other things to do. Every other time i went it was strictly family time. No real sightseeing even though I was born there I dont remember ANYTHING. I moved to Florida as a child. I know DH and I are into ghosts, spirits and such. I would love to see stuff like that.

Any places suggested to go to (preferably free and historical) would be great! Thanks!

Kays_Mama06

Asked by Kays_Mama06 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Travel

• You could go to Salem Ma. Its close enough to Boston. Probably about 45 mins. It has all kinds of attractions, though most of them do cost money. Its also fun to just walk around there is so much to see and do. I'm sure you know about Salem, but if you don't, its where the witches we're hung way back when. There are a number of hauntings in Salem. I used to work at a haunted hotel, and i didn't even believe in ghost,....but know i can tell you after working there i sure do!!!
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Iluvmygirl took my suggestion. The train will take you right out to Salem which is a really great trip and fits with what you guys like. Enjoy!
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 11:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Thanks. We're actually staying in Lawrence.. I just say Boston because most people don't always know of the surrounding towns and stuff. I believe Lawrence is pretty close to Salem.
    Kays_Mama06

Answer by Kays_Mama06 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Boston is one of the coolest cities in the US. There is so much history!

You must walk at least part of the Freedom trail. there is a great kids museum. I am so jealous!

Here is a link that you can copy and paste for family activities in Boston

Answer by rkoloms at 2:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• The kid's museum there is awesome! We did that too on our trip to Boston.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 3:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009