what could be wrong?

ok here it goes. i am 33 weeks pregnant i had an o.b. on monday the 13th and the doc use that metal thing(not sure on the name) down below and did some test for infections and they all came back negative, i was a lil sore afterwards, and i am still sore today, the hubby says im red and swollen down there. what could it be?? i was thinking maybe and allergive reaction to the metal or something but it has never happened befor. any help or advice is appreciated. ty in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• did they do a colposcopy? it stretches you a little bit, so perhaps that's what the soreness is from. I'm supposed to have a colposcopy in September because my pap at my first OB visit was abnormal.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You need to call your OB office and ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• no they didnt do a colposcopy, was just like a regular pap, and thy ob is out of the office today and will be back tomorrow i dont feel comfortable talking to any one else
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think she means colonoscopy and no thats not likely. The metal piece is called a speculum and its likely they were testing for group b strep. Thats a common test at 32-34 weeks. Why youre red and swollen, I am not sure. I could be just the fact that the test can cause that or an allergic reaction to the metal, like you said, or the latex glove. If it doesnt get worse, then just wait until the office opens on monday and ask the nurse if that is an normal reaction. They might want to see you then, so be prepared for that. If it gets worse and you feel you need immediate medical attention, you could try a walk in clinic or the ER. Just keep an eye on it. Try to refrain from putting any creams or lotions but do keep it clean. Im sorry that youre so uncomfortable. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Typicaly you'll only have one pap when pregnant, usualy at your first ob visit, when you are 8 or 9 weeks, there wouldn't be a need for another, i haven't heard or experienced anything like that after a pap and couldn't even find anything online about what you decribe. I know you said you didn't feel comfortable talking to anyone else, but I would call before it gets any worse and get some medical advice
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• momofsaee, nope I don't mean a colonoscopy, that's where they look into your colon...wrong hole, lol. I colposcopy is what they do when you have an abnormal pap, it's basicaly using a kind of microscope to look nto your cervix at the "abnormal" cells, sometimes a biopsy is test if anything is seen to test for HPV or cancer.

I don't see why anyone would have a pap at 33 weeks if everything was clear at the pap when one was first pregnant. So, I thought perhaps she was having colposcopy.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i was sore in the abdominal area so he did a pap and tested for a bunch of things, which all came back negative
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009