Favorite Verse?

What is your favorite verse?

Workin' on our next school year.......it is our (MINE TOO!) goal to memorize a verse a week.

I need more.......so help me out :)

pjacademy

Asked by pjacademy at 11:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• These are the ones my kids have memorized this summer:

Lamentations 3:24- "The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him."

Psalm 56:3 (NKJV)- Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.

Isaiah 40:10( I taught in portions at a time to the little ones)--Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God I will strengthen you,Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Matthew 6:33- But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Proverbs 20:11- Even a child is known by his deeds, Whether what he does is pure and right.

James 4:8-Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Romans 8:1--There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• ॐ भूर्भुवः स्वः ।
    तत् सवितुर्वरेण्यं ।
    भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि ।
    धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ॥

oṃ bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ
    (a) tat savitur vareṇyaṃ
    (b) bhargo devasya dhīmahi

translation:

We meditate on the glory of the Creator;
    Who has created the Universe;
    Who is worthy of Worship;
    Who is the embodiment of Knowledge and Light;
    Who is the remover of all Sin and Ignorance;
    May He enlighten our Intellect.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I used to do that for school too :-)

My favorite passage is Ecclesiastes 7. Namely 15-22:

"I have seen everything during my lifetime of futility; there is a righteous man who perishes in his righteousness and there is a wicked man who prolongs his life in his wickedness. Do not be excessively righteous and do not be overly wise. Why should you ruin yourself? Do not be excessively wicked and do not be a fool. Why should you die before your time? It is good that you grasp one thing and also not let go of the other; for the one who fears God comes forth with both of them. Wisdom strengthens a wise man more than ten rulers who are in a city. Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins. Also, do not take seriously all words which are spoken, so that you will not hear your servant cursing you. For you also have realized that you likewise have many times cursed others."
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Hebrews 11:1 (King James Version)

Hebrews 11
    1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13
    "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
    "Greater is He who is in you,than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4
    "For God so loved the world,He gave His only begotten son,that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
    "I am the way,the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Romans 12:2
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
    ..Sarah..

Answer by ..Sarah.. at 4:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I don't know where it is in the Bible but "Treat others how you want to be treated"
    I am Muslim however, but that is my favorite Bible verse :)
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 10:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2009