How do you tell your Father?(please dont be rude)

I can't tell him yet because i don't him to Press Charges against my babys Dad thats already in Jail for 10 months. My father sent me across the country and now i'm staying with relitives not my parents. He wont send me back home where i know i'll be able to deal with things a lot better. I'm not even sure Telling him will make things better. I'm 17 going to be 18 in Aug and i'm three Months Pregnant. please don't be rude i've already had enough to deal with, i just need some advice or some up Bringing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well when your 18 , its none of his business! Ur an adult! Get emancipated (SP!) he cant tell you what to do hunn
    Anonymous

• I'm not to sure he is your dad though. I sure he loves, cares and respects you. You have to tell him sooner or later he will find out might as well make it sooner. I'm sorry and good luck If youever need a friend pm me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You'll be 18 next month. When you are 18 you are considered an adult. Is there any reason you can't wait until then? That will give you a few weeks to think about what you need to do to take care of yourself and your children.
    Anonymous

• For legal reasons I would wait until I was 18 too. Then you can approach your father as an adult. Let him know that while you understand that he is upset, you are doing everything you can to provide a life for you and your new baby, and need all the emotional support he can give. Give him time, and space and he might come around.Until then, just concentrate on you and your baby, and congratulations!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Sounds to me like he's doing everything he can to protect you, that means he loves you. At some point you are going to have to tell him. Sounds like the guy that fathered your child is a loser anyway and someone you probably dont need to be around. Take it from some one who has been there, trust your dad and his judgment. He knows more than you think he does. Just tell him.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Kinda reminds me of that Madonna song.."PaPa don't preach ..I'm in trouble deep...I've made up my mind and I'm keepin my baby",LOL...not laughing at ya, laughing with ya.Be happy! You're gonna be a mother! You'll be 18 next month, theres nothing your father can do but accept it. He may not like it but he'll get over it.He's gonna be a grandpa! Hang in there...and I would wait until I was 18 before telling him,but thats just what I would do.Do what your heart tells you to do.
    Anonymous

• I agree with everyone else in that you should wait until you are 18. Either way he will have the same reaction I'm sure. But this way you will be able to make your own decisions. Now, if you need support from your father this is another issue. Good luck to you and your baby. It doesn't sound good that the baby's father is in jail. I only hope that he isn't abusive towards you. If he is, do not go back home because once a person starts abusing, most likely they never stop. I know from experience. I certainly hope this isn't the case with you.
    bridge45

Answer by bridge45 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009