Does anyone baby under 1 yr old not like being in a playpen ?

My 9.5 month old in happy on the floor getting into everything but when i put her in to the playpen she pitches a fit sometimes.

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine would throw big fits. She always wanted to be where the action is.

Sorry I can't help.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I always just made my living room baby safe, and my babies were pretty happy. My sister used playpens a lot with all her kids and they are mcuh wilder and more destructive than mine. Her last baby actually destroyed two playpens by the time he was 18 months.
    Anonymous

• never used one .....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We baby proofed our livingroom so he can crawl wherever he wants. However, a half hour before bedtime we put him in his Pack N Play with a bunch of toys. He knows that he can flop around and do whatever and not get hurt in there, so he actually loves it. First he throws every toy out , and then he'll stand up and move around the Pack N Play a couple times, then he'll just flop around and twist and turn and he seems to just enjoy it a lot. He's 10 1/2 months old.

Anonymous

• A lot of times kids will throw fits until you stand their ground and let them get used to something. We don't use a playpen unless we're at my moms, and usually that doesn't bode well because we only use it as a crib. I think that it depends a lot on personality, just the same say that some kids love the swing/bouncer/carseat and some kids don't. Good luck!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We loved the play pen for our daughter, but our son just didnt want to be in it ever. So went the route that some of the other ladies have, and just baby proofed the living room, and put gates at each entry. I do agree that u might need to stand ur ground and leave her in the play pen until the tantrum is over. GL either way
    white_mocha

Answer by white_mocha at 1:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2009