So Maybe I wasn't very clear w/ my last question.....I am wondering if anyone knows some good tips on HOW to START potty training? I'm pretty sure she is ready

My 19 month old daughter, I'm pretty sure, is ready to potty train. I'm having a hard time right now because i'm constantly cleaning up poo after her, whether its the floor or her crib. I will put any sort of clothes on her and she escapes them and her diaper if she poops instantly and gets poop everywhere. This has got to be a sign she is ready and i am too! But when i show her the potty she just thinks its a toy to play with, i've tried going on the big girl potty so she can watch and imitate, its cute she'll sit on hers and make "pee" noises. lol. But she has never gone in her potty at all. I just need to know how to get her to realize to go in there?? Should i force her to sit on it until she goes???

momofseasons

Asked by momofseasons at 12:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she is truely ready, then i would make a potty chart. She gets a sticker everytime she tries....try box amd sucess box. I used one with my daughter, i made mt own and bought the stickers. It worked for us. Let her place the sticker on herself. Forcing her to sit could make her not want to ue the potty even more, so personally , i wouldn't do that. We also switched to pull-ups. The only time i ever "made" her sit on the potty, was when she woke up dry. She always went first thing in the morning if she woke up dry. Good Luck.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Have you got any potty videos? Once Upon a Potty is a really good one. It's animated, very toddler-friendly, and short.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• BTW, At 19 m/o you may find the potty-training more an introduction to potty, but hey, you gotta start somewhere. Getting her to associate poop with the potty is one thing. Getting her to control her bowels is another. There are amazing tips on the little videos though. Even if it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back, it's a step in the right direction. Good luck! PS-as far as keeping her & her poop in her diaper, that question has been posted a lot as well. Goes hand in hand, I guess.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009