Has anyone gotten their tubes tied right after birth?

I'm concidering getting my tubes tied. We are 1000% sure we don't want any more kids after this one is born. So I was wondering if anyone had any complications with the surgery? Any changes in your period? How much pain did you have from the surgery. any info on your experience would be helpfull.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• I didn't, but 3 people I know did and all was well with them.
    Anonymous

• I had my tubes tied after my 3rd son was born last year. I had a c-section so there was nothing to it. I'm not sure how they do it if you don't have a c-section though. The Dr told me there would be no change in my periods, but they are nothing the same as they used to be! Heavy bleeding, clots and major cramps it may not have anything to do with my tubes being tied, but it started right after I had the procedure.
    kiramarsi1218

Answer by kiramarsi1218 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009