Do you ever find yourself needing a break from certain areas on CM?

And if so how do you resist going to that said area? I think I really need to take a break from a certain area under the Answers section but sometimes I get sucked right in.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i love this website for many reasons, but sometimes i dont log in for a week or so at a time. simply because some people insist on posting rude answers. in my opinion- if you don't like the question- don't answer it. no one is here to be belittled or bashed. it makes me sad that people feel the need to do so.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Its funny when I was prego I would always go to "pregnancy" section, since my child was born I don't go there anymore..
    Anonymous

• Oh, yes! Specifically certain topics or if certain people post, I am so against some of the things they say, that I know i need to just stay away and not post any answers. This site turns me into someone I don't want to be at times. I get so angry and frustrated! I understand everyone has their own opinions, but when people post things that just aren't true, it gets to me.

Some days, I wish I had never found this website. But at the same time, I know with some of my answers, I am helping people out as much as others help me. The majority of people on here are great people, it's just a select few that I'd love to just ban! =)
    Anonymous

• i agree with the anon who said they sometimes wish they never found this website.
    Its a love/hate realtionship and i just cant stay away no matter how bad I want to
    Anonymous

• For the most part I just stick to my very few little groups because they are drama free. But sometimes I'll come read some of the answers or journals and laugh at the drama llamas. What sad lives they must have when they have nothing better to do than pick rediculously stupid fights from behind a computer. It's amusing.
    Anonymous

• Yes, the Answers forum is the one I should stay away from. It's like a train wreck I can't stop coming back to!!!
    Anonymous

• I had to make myself stop going into the Politics/Current Events and Religion sections of Answers because they are alway so filled with ugliness.... that and I avoid journals and posts on "touchy" subjects. I don't need to watch a bunch of grown women acting like fools.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yeah, I'm with all these other gals, sometimes the drama sucks me in, and I really don't need that junk in my life. My suggestion would be just to take a break from cafemom every so often. Maybe start out by choosing one day per week, say Wednesday, and on that day you just do not get on your computer at all (or if it's necessary for work or another reason, just don't log onto cafemom at all). If that doesn't seem to help, make it two days a week, every other day, or even a week at a time. If that still doesn't help, then maybe it's time to get rid of your cafemom account. Another suggestion would be to find one really great, drama-free, group, and only check in with that group on most days, that way you can still get a break from your day-to-day, but you aren't getting sucked into unnecessary drama.

whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 1:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yes. I find sometimes the (fill in the blank) intolerance/browbeating/chest thumping gets overwhelming.

The (fill in the blank) is the AntiChrist messages get old.

Honestly, my level of tolerance for BS gets very low sometimes and I will just bail from every place I go for awhile until I can tolerate other people again.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009