Does anyone feel the same way I do?

I never get any just momma time, its like pulling teeth just to get 5 minutes alone. Even when my hubby is home sometimes I feel like im the only person watching our 9.5 month old daughter. (he says he is tired when he gets home because he stands all day, which i do understand.) i feel like if i dont get just momma time soon im gonna go crazy!

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Doesnt ur baby nap? the only time I get moma time is when hubbby watches baby when she naps/
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i feel like that from time to time, but i know my SO is sooo busy, he helps whenever he can. have you told your DH that you feel that way? hopefully, if he knows, he wont mind giving you a couple hours to just do your thing!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• When I was home on maternity leave and my DH came home from work I would take a break for about an hour. Yes he was tired... but taking care of a baby is WAY harder than working... I find work relaxing sometimes!
    SO we agreed it was when I could have a break.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I never get any alone time and I have 3. Although they are on a routine so I do get time after 8PM with no kids but what am I doing? CLEANING! LOL My SO works long days so in atypical day its all on me. They are ages 15mos, 4 and 6 so I know these feelings very very well!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have felt like that for the past two days.Yesturday was so bad I had to suck the tears back into my face,lol.My baby girl (5 months) only wants to be held by me.ALlLday long for the past two days I have been trying to get things done because we are moving tomorrow and all she has done is fuss until I hold her.I know she is teething and I feel so bad for her.Her dad comes home from work and he'll lay on the floor with her, try to play with her and it doesn't work.She only wants me.She used to be fine as long as she could at least SEE me ,now I have to be physically touching her, even if its just her foot,lol.I couldn't even take a shower yesturday till I put her to bed for the night.I love my baby dearly but it is getting frustrating being the only one that can take care of her 24-7.Don't know how she's gonna react to gramma watchin her while we move tomorrow.I'm going to be bald headed soon,lol.
    Anonymous

• you need to be honest with dh about what YOUR day is like. and btw, ok he stands all day but to hold his baby he can sit. I am so lucky because my SO loves to grab his son when he comes home and play with him for a while, and when I need him to take him he does eagerly. My baby is 3 months and its hard to find mommy time, especially when he is fussy. be honest with dh and tell him that you need more support, he helped make your baby, there is no rukle that says he gets to b e tired and cop out. What would happen if you just said"sorry I am tired"? someone would have to take care of your baby right? lol men are sneaky. sit down and talk to him hon and gl.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• you are so not alone with this question

magazines in the bathroom time, is my 5 minute escape

one day the older kids asked if i had the runs, because i was in there so often
    an article in a magazine is just about the right amount of time for a short break

i volunteer to do errands when boyfriend get home
    grocery shopping
    library for movies
    any errand to get a hour for myself

sometimes when youngest is down at night
    i go to bedroom and read-8 pm
    dad stays up with older two and watches a movie
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• After they go to sleep, I stay up playing WOW until four or so in the morning. I thought at first it was insomnia. Now I know it is just because that is the only time I have to be alone and I crave that sometimes.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• me and my hubby are both home all day now because we are having problems finding work, well we are both home and both watching owr dd at the same time and we both do a far amount of work taking care of her and both of somtimes feel like the other is not doing enofe, or that were the only ones doing the work so feeling that way can be normal. i do remember when my hubby worked though he worked nites i would get up in the morning and wake him up at 3 he left at 4 and dident come home tell 5-6 i was home all day long with the baby even when he was home so ya i felt that way but i relized that he was working 12hr a day and it took 1hr there and 1hr back so that took 14hr out of his day he would usally sleep like 7hr thats 21hr that gave hime 3hr to eat, dress, the 3 s s##t, shave and shower and pay any bills so he felt like he was doing everything and i was doing nothin. i sugest breeth when ur child sleeps it helps
    training

Answer by training at 1:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I know EXACTLY how you feel. My husband thinks because he works 40 hours a week that his job is harder than mine so when he comes home he just gets to sit down and chill. I've gotten so mad at him before that I wanted nothing to do with him. Because no matter how much i tell him I need a creak and that I can't stand to do anything anymore, I'm still the one that has to cook, clean, take care of our son, and take care of my husband. Sometimes I just wish I was the one that got taken care of
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009