WIll you name the top 5 things you would recommend eating while prego?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So I was a huge health nut when i was prego and it happened totally by accident. When I found out I was pregnant I was like hell ya I can eat cheesburgers and ice cream all day w/ a perfect excuse! Sadly not the case for me. My body rejected any food that wasn't "good" for me. Greasy food made me sick to my stomach. I got really big into organic foods, and despite what some people say, Its not bland, I think its more flavorful and you don't get all the added hormones and preservatives in yours and your lil babies body. Depending on what your body needs tho is what you should eat. But the safe answer would be, eat like a normal healthy person. Eat all your food groups. Just for fun here was my prego faves

Crispy chicken ceaser salads
    Cranberry juice & string cheese
    Pickles
    PB Honey & Banana sandwiches on whole grain bread
    Chocolate weight loss shakes ( not to lose weight, they are packed w/ vitamins)

momofseasons

Answer by momofseasons at 1:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Broccoli, Artichoke hearts, cantaloupe, strawberries, blackberries, soy beans (anything soy, really),
    Kiwi is packed with folic acid.
    Honestly anything that is a vegetable or fruit is really good. They're high in vitamins, and the things I named all help with skin elasticity, which helps prevent stretch-marks. I really think eating right helps your body keep from stretching, and sagging skin. It all comes from the inside! No lotion can do what healthy food can.
    Anonymous

• Lots of fruits and vegetables to maintain regularity.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2009