what causes this?

What causes a pregnant women to see spots? I have been seeing spots now and then, little colored spots that seem to move around...what could cause this? I did notify my doctor and they immediately decreased the time between my appointments but didn't say what the concern was, if any.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• High blood pressure, You could have hypertension. You should ask, dont ever be afraid to demand what is wrong with you, this is YOUR body, and your buisness to know what the concern is if any!!! Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• bcuz alot of your blood is going to the baby so therefore you have low iron and makes you feel light headed and faint, when i stand for a longtime my heart beats faster and I feel all light headed like I need to sit down...so what ur expeirencing is probably normal
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• High blood pressure
    Anonymous

• OP here, it is not high blood pressure....they took my blood pressure and it was perfectly normal. I haven't had high OR low blood pressure at all during this pregnancy...
    Anonymous

• How far along are you? Because that can easily change!
    Anonymous

• 29 weeks. i just went to the doc yesterday and they took my blood pressure. it was perfect. i don't know whats going on!
    Anonymous

• Well I'm glad its not your blood pressure! That could be a pain, trust me. Are you having any headaches?? With my last pregnancy I had a lot of headaches with occasional spot seeing, or like skin172 mentioned, being lightheaded from the blood rush, maybe they need to put you on some iron pills. Dont get discouraged, it could be nothing! :)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I had that happen in my first trimester a LOT. I was anemic, and they had to put me on double iron pills to help. Also, they had my eyes checked out bc sometimes during pregnancy your eyesight will change. I have had a hard time driving at night since I got pregnant. For any abnormal pregnancy symptoms they will automatically decrease the time between apts, just to be safe. They will want to monitor you more to make sure its just anemia and not something serious. Its a good thing that they are paying attention and watching you closely! I wouldn't be too worried unless you start experiencing other symptoms.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm another one who experienced it and found out I have anemia. If they haven't checked you for it yet, tell them too. I can't even begin to explain how much better I feel now that I take iron pills.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It could be a warning sign for pre-eclampsia, along with high blood pressure, protein in the urine, and headaches (you don't have to have all of these to have pre-eclampsia).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009