I miss my kid :(

My son goes to Nevada to visit with his dad during the summer.We live in Ohio.This is the 2nd summer he has gone.He's been gone for 25 days and will be returning in 17 more days. I miss him so much.I went to the zoo the other day and it felt so weird to be there without him. I bought him a couple things and mailed them to him.My house seems empty without his laughter. I feel so sad.Does anyone else on here have similiar situation?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I could never be strong enough for that.... bless your heart.
    My very best friend sends her son to Seattle from Wisconsin several times a year. She just curls up into a ball and cries til he's back from his Dad's..... she usually calls in sick most of those days. It must be awful.... but how does the kiddo feel about it? Happy, like a vacation..... you can be tough.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm in the same boat but opposite end of the spectrum, my kids live with their father and visit me. The time we spend apart just kills me. My three younger children who live with me cry and cry and then my two children cry who are leaving, and it's just awful. I've asked their father to return to this state as it takes an emotional toll on the children, but he won't move back. So we continue this cycle over and over again. I am missing a part of me and I just try to pass the time until they are back again.

Feel blessed that you have custody and just find some way to pass the time until your son comes back. Hang out with your other children or friends or family/spouse until he comes back. Time will fly and before you know it you'll be back together.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son has called several times..usually at night (like 3 in the morning here so around midnight there) saying he misses me.He got the flu while he was there,and he hasn't been sick like that in I don't know how long, he called wanted me to fly there to take care of him,poor thing.He loves his dad and has a great time.He says when he's with his dad, he misses me and vice versa.I understand it must be so hard on my baby boy.I have a 5 month old daughter...and he misses her like crazy. I told them she got her first tooth and he was so sad that he wasn't here to see it.He said he wished he could run home as fast as he could to see us,and his voice crackled and it bout broke my heart.But I put a smile in my voice and said not to worry he'll be home soon enough.The only reason his dad moved to Nevada is for work...hopefully he will be able to return to Ohio in a couple years when the work here is better.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I cannot imagine my son being gone for that long.. i just had a baby 11 days ago and we sent my 16 month old to my moms house in seattle for a week so i can recover a little bit. but I miss him sooo much.. you can make it through this it'll be ok..
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My daughter leaves on sunday for 4 weeks of overnight camp. Honestly , I look foward to not being a mom for a while. My husband and I have projects and dates planned; are looking forward to wine with dinner every night and reliving our pre-child days.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• LOL...I try to make myself think of it as if he were going away to summer camp...but it still sucks.I'd still miss him like crazy if thats where he really was.It's kinda like a homesick feeling in my heart.I've been busy because were moving..so I have a lot to do.I think it hit me a lil hard when I was packing up his room and looking at all his little stuff. I can tell everyone ONE positive thing about my son going to another state for the summer...I get the chance to reflect on how great of a kid he really is.I get to step back, take a breath and think of how I will handle situations differently when he gets back.I think about how I will hold my tongue and maybe not yell at him so much...and maybe pick our battles a little better.I think of ways I can be a better mom when he does come back...not that I'm a bad one...but I guess we could all use a little improvement from time to time.I miss my boy like crazy. Thx for all input
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009