Can you mix baby anti biotics with something so they will take it or does that not work?

My son has to be on antibiotics for 9 more days 3 times a day, he HATES HATES it, he sees me getting the bottle and he runs and hides while screaming NO NO NO PLEASE NO. He is shaking hard and I have to be the bad person and put him and lay him at an angle and pin him down and give it to him. (he just turn 2 last month) I don't want to do this for another 9 days. So can I add it to juice or SOMETHING!!!

snowpeasmom

Asked by snowpeasmom at 1:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• Usually you can't. Try calling the pharmacy and see if they can put a flavor in it that might help.

I had a son that was the same way. We would have to lay him on the floor, I would put my knees on his shoulders, his older brother would sit on his legs and hold his arms, then I would use a syringe and get it way back then hold his mouth closed. Sometimes he would spit it in my face and hair and we would have to do it again. Yikes!

He had a lot of infectins and can remember this. It turned out he has an immune deficiency disorder called (CVID). He is now 25 and a nurse.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009