Why do Formula Feeding moms get so defensive?

I mean obviously they arent going to stop formula feeding. So why dont they just shut up and not feed into the "breast feeding propeganda" and stop acting so butthurt when someone tries to tell them that breast is best!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why do you care?
    Anonymous

• I ignore it, honestly. I might try to defend other moms, but for me, I dont care. I tried BFing and ended up FF. My DD is happy and healthy, and really....Thats all I care about.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Good point. If they shouldn't care.........Why are you making a question about it? More drama?
    Anonymous

• I think any one, may she breastfeed or formula feed, has a right to defend and speak her opinion. Why should we sit and not say anything back?
    Anonymous

• Why are you starting drama? Why do YOU care?
    Anonymous

• I think if your telling formula fed mom's their in the wrong and their bad mom's.... then yes they have the right to defend themselves. I was all for breastfeeding, but for some reason my breast stopped producing and my son wasn't getting enough so I HAD to formula feed. he was breast fed the first 3 months. Now if some women don't feel comfortable breastfeeding then they don't need to do it. Any mother needs to do what she is comfortable with. Formula has come a long way since the old days and i say whatever the MOTHER sees fit to feed her baby be it breastmilk or formula then so be it
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I didn't BF, but I don't get offended either if someone says BF is the best, I know it is, AND planned to with my son, but medical circumstances didn't allow it. I do feel that if your sharing an opinion rather saying she's wrong, you will probably see a whole different attitude.

Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 2:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I had to FF because I just couldn't produce what my son needed. However, I think all FF mom's would agree that breast is best. So, I don't think the argument is with that phrase. I get offended when people start bashing moms for FF, not knowing what their reasons are. And when they say that we're being selfish and I could go on forever.

But thanks for starting more drama!
    Anonymous

• OP: the ignorance of how you stated your question is EXACTLY why FF moms get defensive.

They are going to get defensive when someone "tries to tell them breast is best" because the BF-evangelical moms are basically telling FF moms that they are wrong.

The point is that BF and FF are choices, and there are more than enough healthy, formula-fed babies out there to prove that breast milk is not necessary to raise a healthy human being.

Additionally, BF moms have no knowledge of why someone chooses to FF. Some moms simply can't produce enough milk.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Probably because people like you keep bringing it up!! Shut up about it already! Geez!
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 6:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2009