What exactly causes yeast infections??

I am 99% sure that I have a yeast infection. I have never have one before in my 30 years! The only thing that I have changed recently was the fact that I started using bubble bath. Could that have done it? I am a very clean person but I do not douche (I was always told it upsets the natual balance of a woman's ph levels down there)

Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• Candida albicans, a microscopic fungus, causes yeast infections. It is believed that bubble baths can cause yeast infections.

Candida albicans normally grown in the vaginal area. If something disrupts the other microorganisms that live in the area then candida albicans takes over causing an infection.

There is another common opportunistic (takes over if it gets a chance) infection called non-specific vaginitis. It can be bacterial or fungal. Bubble baths can also be a problem with this.

I would go to the doctor, clinic, or Planned Parenthood and have it checked out. Your husband may also need to be theated.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• have you took any antibiotics lately because the antibiotic to cure your sinus infection. the antibiotic kills the unwanted bacteria in your sinuses, but can also kill the "good" bacteria in your crotch, upsetting the balance of your vaginal ecosystem, allowing the yeast to take over. (antibacterial deodorant soap can have the same effect.)
    MissyT1980

Answer by MissyT1980 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009